TikTok is undoubtedly one of the most used social media platforms today. the the app has exploded despite the competition from established networks is becoming so popular because it has content that is hard to ignore, it comes in so many varieties to suit almost everyone, and its ease of use.
One of the highlights of the platform is how quickly videos circulate and can go viral. It doesn’t matter who you are, a celebrity or just an everyday person, whether the content is relatable, humorous, entertaining, or all of those things, it can go a long way very quickly in a matter of seconds.
Without going into details about the platform, how about talking about the pain when you accidentally update your TikTok feed while watching an exciting video and then boom? The video disappears. It tries to remember the creator’s name so it can go through their feed and find that same video, but can’t remember their name, tries the search option with all keywords but zero results. Well now there is a new feature in TikTok which will let you find the video easily and also you will be able to see all the videos you have watched in the last 7 days.
Before this new feature, TikTok allowed you to request your data file which would contain a list of videos you’ve watched i.e. “Video Browsing History” list and other data, but that would be a more complicated way to find TikTok videos you’ve already watched. If you’re willing to go through the hassle, then this is the way to go.
So, you are probably wondering what is the easy way – how to view your watch history, well, there is a solution, and that is the “Watch History” feature.
If your TikTok app is up to date then it should have this feature. The “Watch History” feature was introduced in March this year and allows you to see all the videos you’ve watched in the last 7 days; this includes videos you’ve marked as favorites (“likes”) and those you’ve just watched. Plus, your viewing history includes videos you didn’t watch in their entirety, which means you can even recover videos you accidentally watched.
To view your watch history:
- Open your TikTok app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three stacked lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings and privacy.
- Select Watch History in the Content & Activity section.
You will be taken to a screen where you can browse all the videos you have watched in the last 7 days and will also retrieve the videos you accidentally scrolled through. If you want a viewing history of more than seven days, you can opt for the “Request your data” option. And for that;
- Open your TikTok app and go to Profile.
- Tap the 3-line icon in the top right corner.
- Navigate to Privacy.
- In the Personalize and data section, you will find the option to Download your data; play it
- Now choose a TXT file or a JSON file.
- Tap Request Data at the bottom.
- Once your request is approved (it will not take more than 4 days), you will be able to download your data.
- In that downloaded ZIP folder, you can find your playback history in a file called Video Browsing History.
There you go. A bit of work, but it gives you what you want; and even more